- A.V.C. College of Engineering was started in the year 1996 committed to social welfare. The founding father, Sri S. Ramalingam Pillai sowed the seeds of A.V. Charities in 1806 in memory of his beloved son Thiru Velayutham pillai. A.V. Charities began its educational services by starting the A.V.C. (Autonomous) college in 1955, extended their horizon to A.V.C Polytechnic in 1983 and in 1996 by opening the Engineering college. A.V. Charities serve as Beacon light in the field of education to the innumerable youth, with rural background. We are very glad to say that we are second to none in enhancing the young minds to compete the ever changing global changes.
- A.V.C College of Engineering is a pioneer institution and first self financing college in Nagapattinam District. We have been approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and also in possession of ISO 9001:2015 certificate. We are moving ahead with National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for the Engineering courses. Our Mission is to make the institution a Centre of Academic Excellence.The R&D facilities have been opened up to make the students as reservoir of knowledge, aptitude to advance and to face the global challenges.
- To blossom into a cynosure of technological innovations.
- To participate in the noble cause of nation building by offering professional education, research and training in engineering and technology especially to the rural based poor Students.
- Core Values
As stated in the logo of the Institution, it tries to “ NunporulKanbadhuArivu” meaning “To learn till the tiniest detail” is the motto of the institution. This is done in order to ensure the upliftment of rural poor students by imparting value based education in the field of Engineering and Technology. The core values are
- Upliftment of rural students.
- Indepth knowledge and scholarship
- Ethical life.
That is the reason the institution has a tagline “ MOVING AHEAD IN TECHNOLOGY”