- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication Engineering started in 1996.
- Master of Engineering in Applied Electronics started in 2013.
- The department is housed with 12 numbers of Industrial focused laboratories.
- The department is enriched with latest and advanced licensed software such as MATLAB, TANNER EDA, Xilinx, Altera Quartus II, Modelsim and PSPICE.
- Systemized approach to organize Conferences, Workshops, Seminars, Faculty Development Programme and Guest Lecture Programme by renowned personalities from various Academic and Industrial streams.
- Adequate opportunities to the students to take part in co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Dedicated and competent faculties publishing papers in journals and conferences.
- The department is certified with ISO 9001-2008 standard.
- As a part of the institution, the department is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with B-Grade.
- The ECE Programme has been Accredited by the NBA – AICTE during the period 15-03-12 to 15-03-15
In the year 1996, establishment of Under Graduate degree programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
In the year 2003, ECE has been found to conform to the Quality Management System Standard ISO 9001:2008 and now possess recertified status up to the year 2018.
In the year 2007, ECE has been accredited by Institution of Engineers (IE),Kolkata
In the year 2012 with the period of three years, ECE has been accredited by National Board of Accreditation Council (NBA), New Delhi.
In the year 2013, establishment of Postgraduate degree programme in Applied Electronics.
In the academic year 2014-2015, Under Graduate degree programme in ECE has acquired permanent affiliation from Anna University, Chennai.
The ECE get hold of Anna university rank holders.
Continuously fetched Academic Excellence award.
Well qualified, practiced and enthusiastic faculty members to meet up the desires of the students.
Among with 5 Research scholars, all the faculty members are PG qualified.
To provide quality education, training and research oriented programme by utilizing the state of art laboratories.
To motivate the students in the aspects of learning the recent technologies by conducting guest lectures, workshops, seminars, value added courses, symposia, project exhibitions and conferences.
Industrial attachments are also in practice for the students by providing the opportunity of In-plant training and industrial visits.
To provide efforts to society through societal awareness programmes.
Training and placement activities are in routine practice through placement cell.