About Research & Developement
- Research and Development cell is an integral part of the academic activities of our institution. This cell is one of the wings of the Institute which facilitates, channelizes all the academic, sponsored, collaborative research projects and consultancy works in the Institute. A.V.C. College of Engineering aspires to transform the lives of young budding engineers through their innovative ideas to contribute for research at academic level by presenting / publishing papers in the conferences and journals as well. Students Innovative Projects are presented in the various Project Competitions. Our institution is closely working with core industries to train the students in this direction.
- To promote research activities among students and faculty as well as to provide a robust platform for sharing and implementing innovative and creative ideas to facilitate exchange of information and interaction among the various research institutes and industries to develop skilled manpower in various engineering fields.
- • Provide an inclusive environment for the promotion of research and development activities.
• The staff and students are expected to develop innovative projects, prepare the research proposals and apply for funding agencies.
- To Promote Research and Research Projects including Multidisciplinary, Research Papers Publication/Presentation in referrred journals.
- To establish links with different industries, R&D organizations, which provide funding for research activities
- To collaborate with institutions of higher learning in India for Joint research projects
- To work towards the establishment of the Institution as an R&D centre.
- To develop modules for staff development and to support to do Ph.D.
- To foster the development of multi-disciplinary research endeavors across the departments.
- Motivate all Faculties to pursue research in their respective areas of expertise.
- Conduct of skill development programme for the benefit of staff members to acquire knowledge for quality paper presentation
- Encouraging the faculty members to submit proposals on thirst area to various funding agencies like AICTE DST CSIR, ISRO etc. and the quality and content perttaining to the focus area are verified and recommendations are given before the submission of the proposals to various agencies.
- Scrutiny the various project proposals submitted by the students/staff and forwarding the same to the management for financial assistance under AVCCERPS.
- Providing data regarding Research, Consultancy and Extension to NIRF, NAAC.
- Advising the eligible departments to apply for Research Center under Anna university (Mechanical, MCA and Chemistry are already Research departments)..
- Advising the faculty members to publish their research work only in web of science/Scopus indexed journals, since they are having 45% credit in NIRF ranking
- Organizing various R&D related seminars / workshops to faculty members in general / domain specific for their respective departments
- Journal Review Committee is constitued to review the orginality and quality of the publications made by the faculty and incentives are given to the faculty members. The frequency of the review commitee aassessment is once in six months.
- Publication by the faculty members are honoured in the college common functions
- Recommendations are made to the management to sanction the financial assistance for the faculty members who are presenting papers in the international conferences in India / Abroad.
- Reviewed the Progress of the Research Scholars
1.Performance improvement of Solar PV module using passive cooling technique
2. Improving the thermal performance of automobile radiator using nano fluids
3. Biomass gasification using fluidized bed
4. Alternate fuel for IC Engines
5. Bio gas application